Friday, January 18, 2013

Something about Graphics Class

Assignment 1 Game Graphics Class
  • Modifying the vertex data and creating a rectangle instead of a triangle
I took little time in understanding the code initially as I was working for the first time with code based on DirectX. After I found the way to change the vertex data, it was pretty easy. I tweaked in some values to try and make different shapes and then I made the rectangle finally by putting in 6 values.
  •  Data for the vertex buffer comes from a file
The data for the vertex buffer was supposed to come from a text file. So the easiest format I thought of was .txt. So I created a text file listing the points, each on a new line. I read each line and put the values in the buffer.
  •  Text file should go through the Asset Building process
For doing so, I referred the TextureBuilder and did a similar process to create a MeshBuilder Tool.
  •  Modifying vertex shaders and fragment shaders
For changing the shaders I played with the sin and cos functions (even dividing them to create tan) and was observing the changes. Also, used the timeElapsed variable to see the changes in real-time.






  •  Debugging through PIX
Debugging through PIX was not a big problem. I took little help from Sherly and Kiran to figure out the initial part. After I started the test run, I went to the Rendered tab to check out the pixel information and debugged it through the pixel and vertex shader.



Here's link to my code: http://www.eng.utah.edu/~bhalerao/

No comments:

Post a Comment