Thursday, January 31, 2013

Graphics Assignment 3

After creating a 3D Cube and coloring it, it's now time for texturing it and adding some light to the scene.

In this assignment, I figured out including the light pretty easily. I was very clear about the concepts. SO it was just about passing some extra variables to the shaders and doing the Math.

I have a cLight class. It's position can be changed at run-time using 'T'(up), 'G'(down), 'F'(left) and 'H'(right).

I struggled a bit with the texture. I added the file to the textures folder. But for some reason my texture did not load. Then I found out the reason. I was loading the texture during the initialization process. It should have been loaded during the loading of the scene. After I changed it, texture should up.

Screenshot with texture and light
TextureData in Pix

 I used the "fake" normals for processing the light. I used the mesh-coordinates as normals for the cube. After completing the assignment with these normals, I tried increasing the number of vertices and changed the data for the vertices but it messed up the cube completely. I will try to use the real normals but for now here's the assignment 3 with "fake" normals: Download Code

No comments:

Post a Comment