Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Scrum - Week 2 and 3

Our engineering team was very much stuck to the schedule. We were done with all the task assigned for the two weeks. 

In the second week, I worked on the Guard chasing the player. Guard's vision was implemented by Kiran. I just had to make the Guard chase the player when he saw the player. This was an easy task for me. I completed it quickly so that I could have time for handling my other programming stuff.

We decided to make the game feature complete in the 3rd week itself so that all the engineers can have more time to work on the assignments that we were lagging on.

I took lot of work in the 3rd week. I did the EMP implementation and the Power Node implementation on both, the hacker and thief side. Before this time, I did not work on the Hacker side at all. So I knew very little about it. I sat with Max, Nikhil and Chris to understand how exactly the hacker side works. 
While doing so, we got into a discussion about how the states of the nodes on the hacker side works and we came to know that we surely need to change the implementation of it when we are done with the alpha. 

My task in the 3rd Week was hardly anything from the Point Man side. It was a lot of work on the Hacker side. 

EMP implementation:

EMP is a trigger which releases all the network connections in a certain radius.

1) Point Man triggers the EMP.
2) Network is notified about this event.
(Thanks to Max's work on the Networking System. This was not too hard.)
3) Network tells the Hacker Side that EMP has been triggered at x,y,z position.
4) All the nodes surrounding this position in a particular radius are released.

Power Node Implementation:

Power Nodes are the nodes which have to be powered on by the Point Man for the Hacker, so that the hacker can hack it.

I know this does not sound very difficult but there are so many states for a node which makes it kind of complicated. 

At the end of the 3rd week, all the engineers met for making a final build for the EAE day. We remained at the lab almost till the midnight for combining the code and bug fixing.

With the end of that day. Work on Co-Signers for the semester was over :).

No comments:

Post a Comment