Sunday, March 3, 2013

Graphics Assignment 8

I have started loving this class. The things that we are doing are getting interesting every week. Yesterday I was going through my blog and saw all my post from assignment 1 till 7. We started with drawing a rectangle on the screen in 2D space, then we created a cube in 3D space, added a texture to it, added diffused light, added specular light, created transparencies and now, we added normal maps. Things looked better than what they were in the previous assignment.

In this assignment, I was very clear about the concepts for adding the normal maps. So it did not take long for me to complete the assignment. This time we had to add to textures to a single Mesh, one for the diffused map and one for the normal map. The normal map basically gives the information about the normals to the shaders, hence giving a mesh a visual feel as if it was not a flat surface.

With the normals that we already got from Maya, we also needed to take the tangent and the bitangent information. We used this information to create a Matrix which will convert the normals from Texture Space to World Space. After we get the normal information by multiplying the normal in the texture by the matrix, we can use it in a same manner as we did before.


Here is the Grafitti Image for which I gave a wall texture as normalMap and the Soccer Ball image for which I gave the RaisedSucken Image as normalMap.


Here are the diffused maps and normal maps that I used.


Controls for moving the Camera:

W - Up
S - Down
A - Left
D - Right
E - Forward
C - Backward

Controls for moving the light:

T - Up
G - Down
F - Left
H - Right
Y - Forward
N - Backward


No comments:

Post a Comment